Monday, September 19, 2016

Well, its been a year, since my last update

Time flys when your Full Timing. Since last September, we have been busy. After leaving Fun Valley Colorado, we traveled to Carillton, Texas. Staying at Sandy Lakes Resort, we won't do that again. Way to tight. But it was a good place to leave the trailer while we traveled to Hawaii for our son, John's commissioning ceremony. And visit with the grand kids, Colton and Cooper. It was time to leave and John and Katie and the boys flew back to the states were John went to training, and then deployed to the middle east..
 
After, returning to Texas, we moved the rig to Lake Lavon, and spent 2 weeks (
COE Park) playing with the other set of grand kids, Brayden and Jase. After the 2 weeks it was time to travel west. We traveled to Roswell, NM. A 2 week visit with old friends and a little golf with George Libby and Clayton Barnhill, two of the greatest guys you will ever meet. Then It was west to Ajo, Arizona, my home town and were my mom still lives. We spent the holidays there and enjoyed the visit with mom and old friends. During the visit I had the opportunity to see my friend Bill Copeland, he was my best man at our wedding and I have not seen him in way to many years. Soon after we left, he unexpectedly passed away, he was taken way to young. I thank the Lord for the time I got to spend with him. Mom is doing well, she it a tough lady.


 
 
Ajo, is located in Southern Arizona, and is a beautiful location in the Sonoran Desert. It is know for it's sunsets and wildlife. Some of which lived in Shadow Ridge RV Park. A great Park, that I highly recommend.
 
 
After a great visit we left Arizona in early January 2016 and headed east and south, can you say way south to Weslaco, Texas. For you RVers, you know the Rio Grande Valley. We spent 2 months in the Country Sunshine RV Resort, had a great time with good friends Jerry and Debbie Pointer, and their furry kids, Buddy and Bo, two of the best Boston Terriers you will ever find. While we were there, Janice's sister, Sharol and her Husband Carl came down from Minnesota, in their bus and spent a month with us. This included a trip to San Padre Island and a trip on a Dolphin Watch cruise.
During this 2 month period in Weslaco, we made a trip to Jasper, Texas, were my sister, Barbara and Janice, went to a quilting retreat. My brother in law, Bob and I spent our time working on his cars, fishing and playing a little golf. After 2 months in Weslaco, it was time to head alittle north to Uvalde, Texas. This trip was for me, I played golf with Gary Wallace and we played a lot of golf for a month, a few hundred holes is great for your game and your mind. Kathy {Gary's better half} and Janice had a chance to catch up. After Uvalde we head North to Plano, Texas. I will start the spring swing in my next update.
 

No comments: