Saturday, January 4, 2014

Modified Front Bike Carrier.................

Well as mentioned in the last post, I mounted the bike rack. It mounted up and carried the bikes just fine............However, I thought it could be made a little better. The more you read this blog, the more you will notice, that I modify everything. Manufactures build it to sell and make a profit, I build it to work and last, so I did a little of cutting and welding. I didn't think the 1" thick wall tubing was up to stress we plan to put on it (lots of miles). I built a 2" receiver insert, out of the same steel, you would use for a trailer. Much stronger and it took all the play and movement out of the rack.

This picture shows the actual mount that was include with the rack. Note receiver insert with white paper label.

These pictures are of the modified rack with the small original on the ground.

One More


 
 

As you can see much, much stronger and as I said no wiggle or shake, I think it will work very well.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mod turned out really good. Should be stout now.